What Makes a Great Appraiser?
Becoming an appraiser is a great career move for many individuals, particularly those that have a natural interest in real estate, love to meet new people, and get excited about helping people achieve their dreams of homeownership. Becoming an appraiser is a livelihood you’ll feel great about!
At Key Realty School, we offer licensing courses in appraisal, as well as continuing education courses so that you can stay sharp in your field. This industry can be tumultuous, but if you consider yourself a true professional and an asset to the transaction, you’re likely to find success. Here are a few more attributes to hone and master to find greater success:
- Cultivate objectivity toward the house; cultivate a personal relationship with buyers and agents
- Stay abridged of local topics for the area in which you work, such as school information, current planning projects, etc
- Be prepared for every appointment—a huge component of the sale rests on your appraisal
- Be prompt, always—whether you’re headed to an appointment or following up with clients, do so promptly. There is a good chance that agents and buyers are anxiously anticipating your findings.
- Set proper expectations; under-promise and over-deliver
Types of Appraisal Licenses in Nevada
A career in home appraisals is as fulfilling as it is complex. Federal law requires that property appraisals be completed by a licensed or certified appraiser. Additionally, there are some restrictions or minimum requirements for inspecting specific types of property. Learn about the different types of appraisal licenses and the scope of work available for each […]
How to Become a Licensed Appraiser in Nevada
A licensed appraiser determines the monetary value of a property, and is a key player in the real estate industry. In today’s market, the high demand for qualified real property appraisers is rising for a wide range of clients: loan collateral purposes, property disputes, insurance companies determining the value of a property, tax assessments, and […]
Trust Key Realty School with Your Appraisal License Courses
Most homeowners are likely familiar with home appraisals. An appraisal is a determination of a property’s value. It reveals whether a house is priced accurately. In the context of acquiring a mortgage, a home appraisal essentially tells the lender how much to loan you to buy the house. Banks need to know a house’s true […]
Need help preparing for your PSI exam?
We’re here to help you pass your PSI exams in Nevada with flying colors.
Get in touch with us to discuss your options with an enrollment advisor.