How to Become a Licensed Broker in the State of Nevada

Whether you’ve always dreamed of being in real estate or are just choosing to make a career change, residents of the state of Nevada who are interested in this career path can expect a career that allows you to choose and shape the success that you have. Essentially, discipline and motivation are two factors that an individual must possess if they are going to choose to get licensed, as you will need the drive to make the sales and the discipline to follow your own schedule.

For those who are interested in getting a Nevada real estate license, you will need to go through both training, examinations and obtain field experience. Here is the specific breakdown of these categories:

  • 45 hours or the equivalent of 3 college credits in Real Estate Principles or as licensed experience
  • 45 hours or the equivalent of 3 college credits in Real Estate Law or licensed experience, with 18 hours in Nevada law that is provided by a Nevada school
  • 45 hours or the equivalent of 3 college credits in Real Estate Appraisal or licensed experience
  • 45 hours or the equivalent of 3 college credits in Broker Management (Nevada specific)
  • 15 college credits in related real estate courses such as: finance, management, marketing, or business
  • 37 college level units from any college, technical school, or military education or from licensed experience

Now an individual’s education must include at least one of the above situations or in combination with one to three of the above. In total, one must have at least 64 college credits in total from the above fields. If you have experience that you want to use towards any of the categories, you must show proof of it!

For every two years of experience that you have, the state of Nevada will allot 16 college credits towards the educational components required. An individual with eight years of experience will get 64 credits, whereas an individual with two years of experience will get 16 college credits assigned. If you choose to show proof of experience in order to obtain your Nevada real estate license, you will need to show a certified history of the licensing, submit form 509 (experience as a broker), have that experience verified by the employing broker at the time and all experience must be obtained within the past ten years.

Once you have done this and have obtained your Nevada real estate license, you will then need to pass several statewide and national exams in order to start selling within the real estate market. If you still need to take the courses for licensing, Key Realty School can help. Contact us today to get started on your way to a new career.

Related Posts

Understanding the NAR Settlement and Its Impact on Nevada Real Estate

Recent headlines have highlighted the lawsuit involving the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and its proposed settlement. If you’re considering a career in real estate, you might be curious about how these developments could affect your future success in the industry.We understand your concerns – there’s a lot to unpack. Here’s a brief summary of […]

Key Realty Publishes Latest Issue of the Nevada Journal of Real Estate 

The latest edition of the Nevada Journal of Real Estate is now live! In this month’s publication Key Realty spotlights a popular topic – Find it, Fix it, Flip it! While many of the shows on HGTV make it seem easy, our experts weigh in on how to approach the world of flipping properties.  Check […]

reno, nevada

Key Realty School Doubles Down on Commitment to Nevada’s Real Estate Market

For over 30 years, Key Realty School has been a fixture in real estate education in Nevada. Now, we’re doubling down on our commitment to serving Nevada’s current —and future—real estate and business professionals. Here’s how: New Look, Same Excellent Education You may have noticed that we’ve had a bit of a makeover. From our […]

Need help preparing for your PSI exam?

We’re here to help you pass your PSI exams in Nevada with flying colors.
Get in touch with us to discuss your options with an enrollment advisor.